Change default programs in Windows 10
- On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store. ...
- You may want your .
- How do I change the default file opener in Windows 10?
- How do I change the default program for opening files in Chrome?
- How do I get a PDF to open in Acrobat instead of reader?
- How do I delete the default program to open files in Windows 8?
How do I change the default file opener in Windows 10?
In File Explorer, right-click on a file whose default program you want to change. Select Open With > Choose Another App. Check the box that says “Always use this app to open . [file extension] files.” If the program you want to use is displayed, select it and click OK.
How do I change the default program for opening files in Chrome?
Highlight the icon for a file with the extension you want to re-associate and press "Command-I" on your keyboard. In the "Get Info" window, expand the "Open With" section and select a new application to use as the default for launching these types of files. Exit the window to save your changes.
How do I get a PDF to open in Acrobat instead of reader?
Simply go to any folder and select Tools > Folder Options from the menu bar. From the Folder Options dialog, select the File Types tab. Go to PDF - where it says “opens with,” change it from Reader to Acrobat.
How do I delete the default program to open files in Windows 8?
Click Programs. Click Make a File Type Always Open in a Specific Program. It will take a few seconds, but then a screen will appear listing all the different file types and their associated programs. Scroll down and select the file type that you want to change the program for, then click the Change Program button.