To change the account name using the User Accounts settings, use these steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Under the "User Accounts" section, click the Change account type option. ...
- Select the local account to change its name. ...
- Click the Change the account name option. ...
- Confirm the new account name to in the Sign-in screen.
- Can you rename a user account in Windows 10?
- How do I change the administrator name on Windows 10 home?
- How do I change my username in Windows Explorer 10?
- How do I change my lock screen name on my computer?
Can you rename a user account in Windows 10?
Open the User Accounts control panel, then click Manage another account. Click the account you want to edit. Click Change the account name. Enter the correct username for the account, then click Change Name.
How do I change the administrator name on Windows 10 home?
Click on the “Users” option. Select the “Administrator” option and right-click on it to open the dialog box. Choose the “Rename” option to change the name of the administrator. After typing your preferred name, press the enter key, and you're done!
How do I change my username in Windows Explorer 10?
Click on Start > People icon and switch to an Administrator account. Open File Explorer and rename the C:\Users\Your User name folder to the new User name (nickname) you selected. * There's a good chance that the other account is logged in and you can't rename the folder.
How do I change my lock screen name on my computer?
Settings > Account > Your info > Manage my Microsoft Account. You'll be directed to a web browser and access your Microsoft Account. Under your name in the Microsoft Account, click More actions then select Edit profile. Then click Edit name and update the name that you want and then save.