To use this option, do the following:
- Reboot the PC.
- Hit F8 on the loading screen to pull up the “Advanced Boot Options” menu.
- Select “Repair Your Computer” and hit Enter.
- If required, enter the administrator password and language setting.
- Select “Dell Factory Image Restore” and hit Next.
- How do I Reset my windows home to factory settings?
- How do I factory reset my computer using the keyboard?
- How do I uninstall Windows Vista Business?
- What is the administrator password for Windows Vista?
- How do I restore my HP Vista computer to factory settings?
- How do you completely wipe a computer?
How do I Reset my windows home to factory settings?
Click the Start menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window. You can also select the Settings app from the app list. Under Settings, click Update & Security > Recovery, then select Get started under Reset this PC.
How do I factory reset my computer using the keyboard?
Rather than reformatting your drives and restoring all your programs individually, you can reset the entire computer back to its factory settings with the F11 key. This is a universal Windows restore key and the procedure works on all PC systems.
How do I uninstall Windows Vista Business?
Vista Business cannot be uninstalled via the Control Panel because it does not have an Uninstall option. In order to remove it you must write over it with a new operating system such as Windows XP or Windows 7.
What is the administrator password for Windows Vista?
Restart your PC and press F8 repeatedly before Windows loads to open Vista's Advanced Boot Options screen. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press Enter. On the low-res Windows Welcome screen, choose the Administrator account, which by default has no password.
How do I restore my HP Vista computer to factory settings?
Turn on the computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly, about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens. Next. An Advanced options screen opens. Select Recover your computer to its original factory condition, and then click Next.
How do you completely wipe a computer?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says "Reset this PC." Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.