How to show or hide desktop icons - Windows 10
- Right-click the desktop and select Personalize.
- Click the Themes tab at the left. Scroll down and select Desktop icon settings.
- Check or uncheck the tick box before the icon, and select OK to save changes.
- How do I quickly hide desktop icons Windows 10?
- How do I hide icons on my desktop?
- How do I hide desktop icons without deleting them?
- How do I lock apps?
- What are the little arrows on my desktop icons?
How do I quickly hide desktop icons Windows 10?
The first way to quickly hide everything is a built-in feature of Windows 10. Just right-click an empty area of the desktop and select View and then uncheck Show desktop icons from the context menu. That's it!
How do I hide icons on my desktop?
To show or hide desktop icons
Right-click (or press and hold) the desktop, point to View, and then select Show desktop icons to add or clear the check mark. Note: Hiding all the icons on your desktop doesn't delete them, it just hides them until you choose to show them again.
How do I hide desktop icons without deleting them?
How do I remove icons from the desktop if I'm running Windows 7? To remove icons on a Windows 7 desktop, right-click and select Delete, just as you would on a Windows 10 desktop.
How do I lock apps?
Select the yellow lock icon in the upper-right corner, then select the lock next to the apps you wish to passcode protect. Select the yellow lock whenever you want to enable or disable the app lock. Once apps are locked, only the passcode you created earlier will grant access.
What are the little arrows on my desktop icons?
What does the little arrow mean on desktop icons? It means the actual icon "points to" (or is a shortcut to) the actual file. You can create a shortcut of any file or folder by right-clicking it, then selecting "Create Shortcut".