Let's jump in!
- Step One: Create a macOS High Sierra ISO File. ...
- Step Two: Create Your Virtual Machine in VirtualBox. ...
- Step Three: Configure Your Virtual Machine in VirtualBox. ...
- Step Four: Configure Your Virtual Machine From The Command Prompt. ...
- Step Five: Boot and Run The Installer.
- Can you install macOS on VirtualBox?
- Can you run OS X in a virtual machine?
- Is hackintosh legal?
- Can I install macOS on VMware workstation?
Can you install macOS on VirtualBox?
Unlike a Hackintosh, you don't need any special hardware to get macOS up and running on your computer. With VirtualBox, you can install multiple operating systems on a single computer and seamlessly switch between them as you desire.
Can you run OS X in a virtual machine?
You can install Mac OS X, OS X, or macOS in a virtual machine. Fusion creates the virtual machine, opens the operating system installation assistant, and installs VMware Tools. VMware Tools loads the drivers required to optimize a virtual machine's performance.
Is hackintosh legal?
According to Apple, Hackintosh computers are illegal, per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. In addition, creating a Hackintosh computer violates Apple's end-user license agreement (EULA) for any operating system in the OS X family. ... A Hackintosh computer is a non-Apple PC running Apple's OS X.
Can I install macOS on VMware workstation?
In some cases you may be required to install Mac OS on a virtual machine, for example, if you need to test applications that can only be run on Mac OS. By default, Mac OS cannot be installed on VMware ESXi or VMware Workstation.