Press Windows key + R (force Windows to start into safe mode every time you reboot the PC).
- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type msconfig in the dialog box.
- Select the Boot tab.
- Select the Safe Boot option and click Apply.
- Choose Restart to apply the changes when the System Configuration window pops up.
- How do I start PC in Safe Mode?
- Is F8 Safe Mode for Windows 10?
- Where Is Safe Mode in Windows 10?
- What happens when F8 doesn't work?
- Does F12 work on Windows 10?
- How do I boot into Safe Mode from BIOS?
How do I start PC in Safe Mode?
While it's booting up, hold down the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. A menu will appear. You can then release the F8 key. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode (or Safe Mode with Networking if you need to use the Internet to solve your problem), then press Enter.
Is F8 Safe Mode for Windows 10?
Unlike the earlier version of Windows(7,XP), Windows 10 does not allow you to enter into safe mode by pressing the F8 key. There are other different ways to access the safe mode and other startup options in Windows 10.
Where Is Safe Mode in Windows 10?
After your personal computer restarts to the Choose an Option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart. After your personal computer restarts, a list of options should appear. Select 4 or F4 to start your personal computer in Safe Mode.
What happens when F8 doesn't work?
If you can't start Windows normally, you may start Safe Mode when your Windows can't start normally. As known, F8 no longer works in starting Safe Mode. But you can re-activate it with the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) Edit command. ... Select the Safe Mode you want to boot into, and press Enter.
Does F12 work on Windows 10?
2) Boot your PC from Windows 10 Installation USB drive. While booting (before Windows starts loading), continuously press F12 to enter your PC's BIOS. Then select USB Drive as the boot device and Press Enter key. Note: The keys to press, such as F12, F2, Delete, or Esc, differ on computers from different manufacturers.
How do I boot into Safe Mode from BIOS?
F8 or Shift-F8 during boot (BIOS and HDDs only)
If (and only IF) your Windows computer uses a legacy BIOS and a spinning-platter-based hard drive, you may be able to invoke Safe Mode in Windows 10 using the familiar F8 or Shift-F8 keyboard shortcut during the computer's boot process.