To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. ...
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- How do I do a factory Reset with Windows 10?
- How do I wipe my hard drive and reinstall operating system?
- How do you completely wipe a computer?
- How do I restore my Windows computer to factory settings?
- Does reinstalling Windows delete everything?
- Can you reinstall Windows 10?
- How do I reset Windows 10 before booting?
How do I do a factory Reset with Windows 10?
Click the Start menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window. You can also select the Settings app from the app list. Under Settings, click Update & Security > Recovery, then select Get started under Reset this PC.
How do I wipe my hard drive and reinstall operating system?
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and click Get Started under Reset this PC. You are then asked if you want to keep your files or delete everything. Select Remove Everything, click Next, then click Reset. Your PC goes through the reset process and reinstalls Windows.
How do you completely wipe a computer?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says "Reset this PC." Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I restore my Windows computer to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
Does reinstalling Windows delete everything?
Although you'll keep all of your files and software, the reinstallation will delete certain items such as custom fonts, system icons and Wi-Fi credentials. However, as part of the process, the setup will also create a Windows. old folder which should have everything from your previous installation.
Can you reinstall Windows 10?
The simplest way to reinstall Windows 10 is through Windows itself. Click 'Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery' and then choose 'Get started' under 'Reset this PC'. A full reinstall wipes your entire drive, so select 'Remove everything' to ensure a clean reinstall is performed.
How do I reset Windows 10 before booting?
The quickest is to press the Windows Key to open the Windows search bar, type "Reset" and select the "Reset this PC" option. You can also reach it by pressing Windows Key + X and selecting Settings from the pop-up menu. From there, choose Update & Security in the new window then Recovery on the left navigation bar.